Christian Kirsch has 22 years of solid experience in forestry. 15 years of experience running a small forestry business.
He has in-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of forestry, including best management practices, water quality, tree and shrub selection, planting, pre-commercial thinning, harvesting, and sustainability.
He also owns Kirsch Forest Management Location Coeur d Alene Idaho where he has done:
• Managed timberland for private land owners, which entailed procurement, marketing, cruising, property line identification, sustainable harvest management plans and following the best management practices for water quality.
• Numerous direct timber sales for Idaho Department of Lands.
• Private contractor for three northern Idaho counties under the Firesmart program.
Created defensible fire space for private landowners, which live within the wildland urban interface. Cleared road right of way for emergency vehicle access. Created fuel breaks which protected subdivisions and communities. Met with landowners and discussed present fire dangers within their property while creating a treatment plan.
• Contracted for Coeur d’Alene Tribe fuels reduction projects.
• Owned and managed two ground skidding crews, and a log loader while harvesting lodgepole pine for house logs under a contract with the Yakima Tribe.
• Full service tree removal company for private homeowners and city governments.
• Proficiency at developing objectives, formulating policies and making decisions.
• Sound knowledge of operating goals and considerations in the field of forestry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes the ability to explain forest issues and concepts to individuals and groups with varying levels of understanding.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to work proactively.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to coordinate multiple complex tasks and projects concurrently.
• Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail and always safety first
Want to be featured? Schedule your interview with Talking Forests on this link: calendly.com/talkingforests Voice by Gordon Collier www.linkedin.com/in/jgordoncollier/ Spring by Ikson soundcloud.com/ikson Music promoted by Audio Library youtu.be/5WPnrvEMIdo